From last academic year we have started the U.P.S.C. centre for preparation of IAS and IPS.
This centre has an advanced video-conferencing facility. Many Honourable IAS officers and IPS officers are giving their valuable time for teaching the students online with the use of video-conferencing facility.
Intake Capacity: 100
The College publishes its prospectus every year. The prospectus is distributed to the students seeking admission to the College. The prospectus contains the data on the Board of Trustees, Criteria for Eligibility for admission, Aims and Objectives, University Anthem, Information Brochure containing data on the Foundation of the Trust and College, Infrastructure and Learning Facilities, Financial Aids, Scholarships and Awards, Campus Rules and Regulations, list of Programmes and Courses available on the campus, Fee Structure, data on Faculty, Administrative and Technical Staff of the College and Profile of Seth Walchand Hirachand, the eponymous world renowned industrialist and visionary. There are separate Brochures for Dept of Social Work and Biotechnology containing the similar data for student support. The College publishes its annual magazine titled Vidyaarayan, which contains the creative contributions by the students and faculty. There is a website, incorporating all the necessary information on the Trust, College, Departments, Courses and Infrastructure Facilities available, developed by the College to further the process of information dissemination.
The College implements welfare schemes for the students. The students are insured under the LIC Student’s Insurance Scheme. There is a canteen which caters to the recreational needs of the students at subsidized rates. The students staying in the hostel are provided with boarding facilities duly controlled by the Management. The faculty are involved in informal counseling of the students. There are Grievance Redressal Cell and Sexual Harassment Prohibition Committee comprising student representatives which look into the complaints of the students and resolve them. The Students’ Council consisting of Class Representatives, selected on merit basis, works in the interest of the students. The Dept of Social Justice and Zillah Parishad provide the students of Dept of Social Work with stipend for the implementation of various welfare schemes. During the year 2008-09 eight students of Dept of Economics were given remuneration for their participation in the Savings Account Opening Drive of Bank of Maharashtra. The Alumni Association of the College has been implementing the book bank scheme for the needy students.
The study tours, industrial visits and guest lectures organized by various Departments of Arts, Science and Social Work encourage the entrepreneurship skills among the students
The College faculty participate in the academic and personal counseling informally to help the students resolve their career-related problems. The students are helped in selecting their subjects and preparing for examinations. The CECC plays a key role in providing guidance in the career-related queries of the students. It organizes special lectures by the Government Officials gone through the rigours of competitive examinations. The Dept of Social Work trains the students for their placements and participation in various Government and Non Government programmes. The Employment Cell too arranges lectures by invited counselors. During the last academic year guest lectures on ‘IT Training, Software Careers and Service Sector’ were organized in association with Ashwath Institute, Solapur on 27th December 2008 and Frankfin Institute of Air Hostess Training, Hyderabad held a lecture on ‘Career Opportunities in Air Service Sector and Tourism’.
According to the guidelines of the University the College has set up Sexual Harassment Prohibition Committee, which is constituted as follows:
Principal Dr A.H.Manikshete President
Dr Mrs M.D.Chavan Convener
Shri U.M.Chougule Member
Mrs V.V.Mahajan Member
Mrs S.S.Deshpande Social Worker
Adv Shailaja Qyatam Legal Advisor
The major objectives of the Committee are to make the students and staff members aware of the sexual harassment prohibition act, to develop gender equality and to maintain safe and healthy environment on the campus. Under this Committee a Sub-Committee, viz. ‘Discipline Committee’ is formed every year, which is headed by the University Representative. The purpose of forming this Committee is to help the students feel free to report their complaints, solve them by virtue of students’ intervention and bring to the notice of S.H.P.C., if the complaints are too serious. The Committee has taken efforts to create awareness among the students about the format of Sexual Harassment Prohibition Act 2003 and the punishment thereof by installing a board bearing the related data at a visible place on the campus.
Grievance Redressed Committee
The College has constituted Grievance Redressed Cell. The Cell functions in the interest of the students. It resolves their complaints regarding the infrastructure, academic and administrative lacunae. The students lodge their complaints in the box and the Cell entertains them. The Convener and the Members of the Cell hold discussions over the complaints and provide redressal under the guidance of the Principal. Use of notice board for student support; the members of the Cell with the Principal resolved the complaints by guiding the concerned staff members and students.
The College ensures the safety and security of the students, faculty and the institutional assets by means of physical and manual safeguarding measures. The College campus is well-fortified. The office, classrooms, staff rooms, laboratories, library and all the infrastructure amenities are provided with all the necessary safety measures. There are security guards on the campus to ensure the safety and security of all components of the College.
The Competitive Examinations Coaching Centre has been a unique feature of the College since 1996. The Centre is specially designed to coach the students belonging to the minority religions besides students coming from general categories.
This is only centre in Solapur which available for minority.
Intake Capacity: 100
The centre has the facility of advanced audio visual unit.
The experienced staff members and visiting faculties.
The meritorious students and the students with cultural and sports achievements are felicitated with certificates, mementoes, shields, kits at the hands of invited guests at the Annual Prize Distribution Functions.
The College publishes the annual magazine, ‘Vidyaarayan’ which has been an open space for students’ creative expressions.
- Percentage of students progression in B.A. / B.Sc./ B.Sc. Biotechnology Courses is high with 84.16% students opting for higher education.
- Overall passing percentage is praiseworthy with 81.64%.
- A large number of students occupy merit positions in University.
- Dropout rate is less than 1%.
- Various types of scholarships, freeships are timely distributed to SCs/STs/OBCs and others.
- Research students receive scholarship through DST-Inspire Fellowship, BARTI and Rajiv Gandhi Fellowships.
- College has instituted a unique scheme- the ‘Teacher Sponsored-Student Aid Fund (TS-SAF)’ as an aid to needy and poor students for continuation of education and to reduce dropout rate.
- College has a scheme to offer bicycles to poor girl students.
- College encourages entrepreneurial skills through 09 Career Oriented Cerificate Courses (COCs) and a substantial number of students were placed through on and off campus drives.
- The college provides support through SAF, Earn While Learn Scheme, Mentoring Scheme and TS-SAF. In addition to providing monetary aid these schemes also provide personal and psycho-social guidance to students.
- The college conducts Bridge Courses and offers opportunities for advanced learners through various forums like CECC, College Youth Club, Science Club, Nano-Club, Cultural Unit, NSS etc.
- Our Management and College publish a magazine Global Connect to highlight academic achievements of colleges run under trust and e-newsletter-wcRnb to cover research scope and opportunities in Nanotechnology. Arts Departments publish ‘Shalaka’ wall magazine and are encourage students to publish in college magazine ‘Vidyarayan’.
- The college has outstanding performance in extension, social outreach activities and in sports. Cultural Department has shown exemplary performance with Winner and Runner-up trophies in University Youth Festival events. Additionally, students have secured many state and national level prizes in cultural events. Some of these include ‘Zee Gourav Puraskar’, Two General Championships in ‘Lokmat Yuva Next’ and General Championship in ‘Orchifest Event’, State Level Bronze Medal to Shraddha Hullenawaru for her acting skills, National Level Selection of Mr. Sagar Achalkar in Script Writing, National Level Music Presentation by Mr. Kapil Jadhav on National Channel Doordarshan, in ‘Taj Mahostav’ held at Agra and is recipient of National Level Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Scholarship for Two years.
- A large number of students have won University level and State level prizes in individual cultural events.
- Our performance in sports is peaking with higher participation of students in University and state level participation. Our college team has won runners-up trophy in Basketball Championship event, Silver Medal in diving, Runners-up Trophy in Volleyball and Handball Championship Events, Silver Medal in Shot-put Event, Winner in football championship, Winner in Handball Championship, Our students have led University level ‘Ashwamedh’ sport events and one of our students is selected in National Women Basketball Team under ‘Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan’ programme.